Nielsen stats show that the Tuesday performance shows are down about 10 percent compared to last season (from roughly 31 million viewers to 28). This past Wednesday night’s results episode, which saw tongue-studded shrieker Gina Glocksen get the boot, was the least watched episode of the season, according to TV Week.
But if you ask “Idol” producer Nigel Lythgoe what is causing the problem, he’ll blame Daylight Savings Time, which started three weeks earlier this year. Ratings tend to dip every year whenever the time change kicks in. “Even if we lost 50 percent of our audience, we’d still be in the top three shows in the country,” Lythgoe said at a press conference on Monday. It’s good to be king.
- America Ferrera is NOT an Ugly Betty!
- The Next Great American Band
- Hulk Hogan to host American Gladiator
- Christina Aguilera cancels more concerts!
- Hayden Panettiere Enjoys Her Day Off Work