Heath Ledger, 28, has died in NY today at 3:35pm. Lying face down the his bedroom of his SoHo Apartment, Heath was reportedly found by his housekeeper. There were prescription pills found scattered near his body (they appear to be sleeping pills).
Reportedly Ledger had a scheduled massage appointment and when the masseuse arrived at his house, the housekeeper let the masseuse in. The housekeeper went to tell Ledger about the appointment, but Ledger didn’t open his bedroom door. The housekeeper found Ledger unconscious and called 911.
According to reports, Heath was found lying naked and unconscious on a bed with “pills scattered around his body.” When paramedics responded, the actor “was in full cardiac arrest. They attempted to perform CPR on him, but were unsuccessful.”
Meanwhile, NYPD spokeswoman Stephanie Jaramillo refused to comment on the cause of death, saying only that “the investigation is still ongoing.”
Update:A rep for Heath Ledger’s family says the Brokeback Mountain actor’s death was accidental, with an autopsy scheduled for tomorrow.
- Did Drugs Play A Role In Ledger’s Death?
- Heath Ledger’s Death: Accidental Overdose
- Heath Ledger may have died of natural causes!
- A Tribute to Heath Ledger’s Life
- Hot Male Celebrity Contest Round 2