Nicole Richie is using her Wizard of Oz-themed baby shower to benefit charity.
The Simple Life star and boyfriend Joel Madden, who are due to have their first child in January, will donate baby gifts to 100 expectant families in need through the newly-formed Richie Madden Foundation through the Los Angeles Free Clinic.
“It’s really sweet,” says shower guest Rashida Jones, of NBC’s The Office.
“With all the swag these days, we’re given so much stuff it’s almost wasteful, and it’s kind of nice when we’re giving to each other to give to someone else.”
While many friends at Sunday’s shower in Beverly Hills donated gifts to the charity, they also brought gifts for Nicole and Joel to keep – including one children’s book from every guest to help build the baby’s library.
- Nicole Richie & Joel Madden Welcome a Baby Girl!
- Confirmed! Nicole Richie is Pregnant!
- Parents-to-be Joel Madden and Nicole Richie
- Nicole Richie and Joel Madden Set a Date!
- Paris Hilton Talks Up Nicole Richie’s Baby